561 Blankenbaker Lane ~
Louisville, Kentucky 40207
fax: (502) 897-0103;
Requests for specific dates must be confirmed by staff.
Please feel free to call with questions
or to check on the availability of a particular date.
Locust Grove welcomes groups for weddings, other family
events, community events, retreats, and business meetings.
To ensure that we can meet your specific needs, please
call or email.
The grounds, including formal gardens,
lawns, and the porch of the 1790 house, are available
evenings, and tents may be rented and set up in designated
areas. The Visitors' Center building includes the Audubon
Room (auditorium), with a catering kitchen, and can
be rented either together with, or separately from,
the grounds. The Visitor Center is sometimes available
during the day on weekdays as well for meetings and
Popular dates for
weddings are often booked early - please reserve your
dates as early as possible, and consider alternative
days of the week.
See more wedding
Grounds and Visitors'
Holidays, 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm: $1700.00 plus
$2.00 per person in excess of 500 people. Limit 1500
Mondays - Thursdays, 5:30 pm - 11:00
pm: $600.00 plus $2.00 per person in excess of 500 people.
Limit 1500 people.
Fridays, 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm: $1500.00
plus $2.00 per person in excess of 500 people. Limit
$500.00 security deposit required.
Friday, Saturday, or Sunday; 5:00 pm
- 11:00 pm
$400.00 Monday through Thursday; 10:00
am - 5:00 pm or 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm. Limit
200 people standing.
$500.00 Security deposit required.
Caretaker's Fee charged for evening rentals. $500 security deposit is refundable and charged for all events.
about a discount for renting the site for both the Rehearsal
Dinner and the Wedding!
& Organizational and Corporate Events
Grove is an unusual and refreshing setting for a business
meeting or other event.
Locust Grove is available for organizational
and corporate meetings, luncheons, classes, and retreats.
The Audubon Room auditorium is equipped with projection
equipment for DVDs or PowerPoint presentations. The
space can be arranged to seat up to 120 participants;
and 14 8-ft. tables are available for your use.
A flexible divider allows dividing the
space in two for breakout sessions, or to shape the
room to your needs. A catering kitchen opens on to the
room for easy service of breakfast, snacks, and lunch
as needed. You can choose any caterer that you prefer.
The patio, grounds, and gardens provide
a relaxing setting for breaks and, in good weather,
breakout sessions. The room itself has a fireplace that
can be used in colder weather.
Rates are flexible depending on the size
of the group and the length of the program. We will
make every effort to accommodate your needs for setup
and starting times, taking into consideration the needs
of the historic site.
Please call us at 502-897-9845 for more
information and reservations.
Rules for Rental use of the Grounds:
is a National Historic Landmark, as well as an accredited
museum on the Lewis & Clark National Historic Trail.
While we enjoy making the site available for special
occasions, our primary purpose is to share the history
of early Kentucky while preserving it for future generations.
The following restrictions are necessary during rental
- 1. The deposit is due upon signing the rental contract. Half of the rental fee is due 6 months before the event, the remainder is due 3 months before the event.
2. All set up and clean up are the sole responsibility of the renter. Clean up must be under way by 11:00 pm. Our caretaker will clean the lobby floor, restrooms and parking lot.
3. Suggested wedding locations are the porch steps of the house, the Blankenbaker side of the house, the gardens, the field, or the Visitor Center. Due to preservation concerns, the interior of the house and other outbuildings, as well as the museum gallery are not available. Receptions may be held in the gardens, the field, or the Visitor Center. There can be no tents or food service to the south of the gravel drive.
4. Music may be amplified; the caretaker has final say as to the volume.
5. Each garden quadrant is equipped with at least one set of electrical outlets. An outlet is also located in the well house northeast of the porch.
6. We have tables and chairs available for your use inside or on the patio. There are currently 100 chairs and a number of tables, including fourteen 8’ tables. Please confirm availability prior to reserving linens and other equipment.
7. The auditorium in the Visitor Center is 34’ by 54’ and holds approximately 200 for a cocktail party. Seating depends on how tables and chairs are arranged and how much space is allotted for food service and dance floor.
8. In keeping with the tone of an historic site and to speed recovery of grass between events, the grass is kept slightly longer than many yards. The site is mowed by Metro Parks every other week.
9. Wedding ceremonies and parties at Historic Locust Grove May through September begin after 6:30 pm.; wedding ceremonies and parties at other times in the year may begin after 5:30. The site is open to the public until 5:30 pm May through September, and until 4:30 the rest of the year. Tent and catering set up may begin outside before the time of the rental, but rental activities which may interfere with normal operations of the facility may not begin until the time of the rental.
10. Renters may use any caterer they like. Locust Grove’s kitchen contains a small microwave, conventional oven, refrigerator and sinks, but no cookware.
11. Rental companies, if used, must be located within a 30 mile radius of Louisville.
12. Fresh flower petals and bird seed are permitted outside and decorations may be wired or tied to trees and porch railings after staff approval. Due to preservation issues no fireworks - including sparklers, balloons, confetti, silk flower petals or glitter may be used anywhere on the property.
13. At the conclusion of the rental, renters are responsible for returning the Visitor Center to the pre-rental condition, including re-setting the auditorium chairs. Rental tables, chairs and other equipment should be broken down and stacked neatly under tents or in the store room. Locust Grove is not responsible for personal items and anything of value left at the end of the rental.
14. Rehearsals may take place during business hours. Alternate arrangements may be worked out with our staff ahead of time, but may not interfere with other scheduled activities.
The preservation of Locust Grove must
be the first consideration of the staff in all activities
taking place on this property. We thank you for your
interest in the site, and appreciate your assistance
in preserving the property while it is in your care.
502-897-9845 or email Jennifer
Thanks to Liz
Haeberlin of www.lizimages.com
for the wedding photos.
to home page